- Studio Grant in Workroom (shop space) at Thealit
- Part 2 Coapparation*
- We are offering a four-week-long studio residency in the thealit workroom* (shop space) to six different female artists.
- The artists will be invited to work with or react to the theme of COAPPARATION, in the broadest sense.
- To publicize the works—which is not obligatory—the large window of the workroom (the shop space) can be used, as can the thealit website and other digital publication channels. It would also be possible to take over the Thealit Instagram account.
- In light of the social situation with COVID-19, it is important to us that artists be able to use the space to work, and that the pressure to produce a result for the public is minimal. That is why a wide variety of ways to present the work to the public will be allowed.
- Looking forward to:
- DARIA SAZANOVICH (6. September - 4. Oktober 2020)
- XYANA (7. Oktober - 4. November 2020)
- ALEXANDRA TATAR (Due to the current pandemic situation POSTPONED to October 2021)
- BRANKA ČOLIć - New entry! (7 November - 5 December 2020)
- KONSTANZE SPÄT (9. Dezember 2020 - 15. Januar 2021)
- YELA An (Due to the current pandemic situation POSTPONED to September 2021)
- KATE DEVON ANDREWS (18. Januar - 8. Februar 2021)
- ESTHER ADAM & KATHARINA GREEVEN (11. Februar - 11. März 2021)
*COAPPARATION? Cooperation is a process or behavior that can be regarded as essential for many things, ranging from culture and cultural politics to evolution, and vice-versa. Like an engine, it enables the stop and go of functional relationships, whose complex rhythms and intervals can in turn appear instrumental. In an apparition—another word for manifestation—perhaps? In that case COAPPARATION would be a little bit of COAPPARITION, because each instance of cooperation or each instance of its rejection comes down to common understanding, agreement, inquiry, hesitation, and action.
Part 3 of the COAPPARATION project will take place in autumn 2021. A series of events featuring diverse artists, scientists, and activists will be held, to the extent that health precautions at the time allow for events to be presented in small spaces. Otherwise, this format will also be adjusted, and more work will be done outdoors and with the window, in addition to the general digital presentations.